A little blog about Southern Californian nature and gardening.

Wednesday, November 5, 2008



Yesterday I caught (not for keeps) this little guy. His lost tail (lost before I cought him, not as a result of me) is just starting to grow back. Regeneration of lost parts is a cool adaptation that I wish I had. In this pic you can also see the bit of flesh on my index finger that I cut off and re-attached. It looks pretty good now. It was all white and bloodless the first two days. I will never have the feeling back in it though.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




This tiny guy has the powder blue throat of a mature male fence lizard. Usualy they do not develop the blue markings untill they are sexualy mature and almost full grown-this little guy is quite precocious and it can't be blamed on the hormones in milk.

Photobucket




No comments:

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map