A little blog about Southern Californian nature and gardening.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Cactus Garden


Want to see some gardens I built for other people?


Here is a cactus garden I built for a nice old English Quaker lady. I think the paver pathway I built turned out nicely. This cactus garden is up against her fire break so it adds to the "defensible space" as protection from wildfires. It worked to save my house!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

With agave parryi, opuntia, trichocereus, mammilaria and more.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Yes! This Opuntia Santa-rita is actual this purple and it is supposed to look like that. Beautiful!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Lacey white glochids on an opuntia- don't touch!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A mature red barked manzanita with an echinocactus on the right.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Here is a dry streambed I made Last spring.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting



Here is my little Propigation Station with agave bulblets and Jumping Cholla - Cylindropuntia Fulgida cuttings.
I got stuck pretty badly on the hand by one.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


No comments:

Followers

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map